What is an Online ACLS Certification or Renewal?
The American Heart Association’s (AHA) ACLS research and guidelines are the most recognized and respected cardiopulmonary resource in the world. Many online training organizations offer AHA-compliant certification and renewal (recertification) courses that are available on-demand, making it easy to complete your recertification or earn your initial certification. These are often more cost-effective and time-efficient, and offer the convenience of completing them in your own time and at your own pace.
Just like in-class training, online ACLS certification courses teach providers to:
- increase the probability of return of spontaneous circulation (ROSC).
- improve life-threatening conditions.
- recognize and provide treatment of a patient during abnormal heart rhythms and cardiac episodes.
- correctly perform BLS.
- understand ACLS algorithms and protocols.
- work within effective team dynamics. defibrillate with an AED.
- know the methods of airway management.
- understand normal heart anatomy and physiology to quickly identify and treat abnormal deviations.
- recall drug dosages, access routes and contraindications.
- provide post-cardiac care.
- provide acute stroke care.
RELATED: ACLS Certification vs BLS?
10 Tips for Renewing Your ACLS Certification Online
There are many organizations online offering ACLS certification and recertification, so how do you know you are choosing the right one?
Ensure that Your ACLS Online Certification is Legitimate and Right For You
Here are some basic tips to ensure that your ACLS certification provider is legitimate, and worth your time AND money:
- DON’T choose a provider that claims to be “AHA Accredited.” Nobody is accredited by the AHA. If you see an ACLS certification provider make this claim, they are not legitimate.
- DO look for a course that is “AHA Compliant.” This means that the course has been created by certified medical professionals who based their curriculum on the latest AHA research, recommendations, and guidelines, which are considered the gold standard of cardiopulmonary information.
- DO choose an organization that is a jointly accredited provider. This means that a board of physicians and medical professionals from various licensing bodies have agreed that the course offered qualifies for Continuing Education Credits (CME).
- DON’T choose a provider whose website is out-of-date, disorganized, and confusing. If the website is any of these things, then it is highly likely that the process of obtaining your certification with them will be the same.
- Choose a provider whose communication is simple and clear for you to understand. If you have a hard time understanding the registration process and what to expect, then you will likely not understand the course materials.
- DO choose a provider who will instantly grant you a certification provider card with the expiration date included.
- DO choose a provider who will remind you automatically when your certification expires so you can always be up-to-date!
- DO choose a provider who will instantly grant you your CME credits in a few easy steps immediately following the exam. This will eliminate the extra headaches and time it takes to process it on your own.
- DON’T choose a provider that does not cover the goals of ACLS certification (as listed above).
- DO ask your employer BEFORE taking the course if they will accept the certification you have chosen.
Why You Should Consider an ACLS Renewal Online
Renewing your ACLS certification online is a great opportunity for professionals who have been in the industry for a while and are looking to update their certification. An online recertification is easy for medical professionals to fit into their busy schedules as opposed to an in-class experience.
It is also great for those who are just starting out and need to get their certification in order to get hired.
There are many benefits of this system, including the ability to study from anywhere, anytime at your own pace, and there’s no need for any books or other materials that would otherwise cost money.
How to Renew Your ACLS Certification Online
MedicalPro Certs provides AHA-compliant, accredited ACLS curriculum that includes learning tools to help you upgrade your skills as an ACLS provider.
Medical ProCerts ACLS certification is
- 100% online,
- earns you 3 instant CME credits,
- grants you your provider card as soon as you pass the exam,
- is easy to complete at your own time and pace,
- and can be completed in as little as 3 hours!
Get certified and get 3 CME credits INSTANTLY with Medical ProCerts today.
Go to www.medicalprocerts.com to register and get learning right now!